Rear top mounts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severio

Hi people, my car seams to be eating rear top mounts every 5-6 months.
Its only lowered 35mm on spax shocks an springs so its not even low!
Is anyone else having similar issues? I cant find after market rears so I'm considering just getting ford mounts an seeing how long they last.

Mine is lowerd 40mm all round and I haven't had any problems yet but have had the geometry checked and set up but any amount of lowering will reduce life. Maybe ur suspension isn't aligned correctly perhaps u should think of getting ur pumas geometry checked and set up if nothing else you'll be surprised how much it helps. Sorry I can give u much help but hope u get it sorted soon

Cheers for the replies.
I work in a garage with a Hunter geometry system so its been on it a few times with everything within tolerance.
The rear beam has also been polly bushed an my rear tyres wear evenly so nothing to suggest a problem with my suspension.
It might just be that the spax setup I'm running is just really firm an likes to munch on them?! :roll:

I got my 40mm of ebay for about 60 quid I think. they are made by low but there really pretty good tbh there firm enough to make u feel more confidant in the corners but still soft enough to not make mash potato out of ur man bits.

Back