Rear view mirror keeps falling off! / Replacement mirror

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeB1

I've tried using the adhesive sticky pads, but they only last for a month or so. Bumpy roads along with the recent warm weather softening the glue means they don't last long. I also sometimes have a rear view screen attached to it so need something more substantial.

Other fords have rear view mirrors attached to the roof, like the Мondeo. Anyone managed to fit one to a Puma, and how is it done?

You can buy a little kit which contains a small square of mesh material and some adhesive/glue.

Clean all mating surfaces, put mesh on mirror base and spread glue over it.
Once that is done, put mirror onto windscreen and hold.... usually until your arms ache. Unless you can find some tape strong enough to hold it up while the adhesive sets!

I just used some epoxy from Halfords, only after I stuck it on did I read the note on it that it said Not for use on Windscreens!! Well 3 months later it is still OK.

Seems to be a common problem. Local Ford dealer fixed mine for free when doing a service - which was reasonably priced too!

Latest posts

Back