Recon gear box

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulu555

Have been advised to recondition my gear box 1.7 it’s £600 (cost) not including taking it out and putting it back in. Is this about right or is a new box the way to go? Much appreciated

A second hand one maybe better, on eBay on is selling for £50. Say £50 more of P&P.
That leaves you with spare money to get the clutch kit replaced at the same time (£100).
Maybe £150 manual labour!?

Total: £350.

I got a Puma gearbox refurbed for £390 inc. VAT but that was with me dropping it off & collecting.

It was stripped down, cleaned, all new bearings and seals, new bolts and painted. I got it back looking like this...

35670047954_9b323acd2a_b.jpg

35696220463_f7232ecbb6_b.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. How much do you want for it?
How far away from Bristol are you?
Thank you
Louise

Hi Louise

I'm down Gosport, so maybe a couple of hours.

That gearbox was never for sale as I would take quite a hit on having to replace it and getting another refurbished. It was a spare I had on an old Puma so didn't really cost me anything as such to get it.

If I were to sell it unfortunately I wouldn't be letting it go cheap. I've also got a brand new clutch bought from Ford and a Sachs slave cylinder to go with it.

I have receipts for all of the above to prove if necessary.

Understood
If you do decide to sell could you keep me in mind and give me a price your happy with?
Much appreciated
Louise

Lulu555 said:
Understood
If you do decide to sell could you keep me in mind and give me a price your happy with?
Much appreciated
Louise
Louise... I've sent you a Private Message.... :grin:

Back