Red front coil springs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardmonkeys

Hi all,

Was looking to fix the washer pump yesterday, so went in through the right hand wheel arch, I removed the 'carpet' arch liner and cleaned our all the collection of 'gunk' sitting in the wing bottoms....no wonder they rust out!! Must of been a good few years worth, that's going to be something on my regular maintenance list, clearing them out...anyway I'm veering off topic...

I noticed I had red front coil springs..has anyone else?? Have they been sprayed by a previous owner?? Or has it been lowered without my knowledge?

It doesn't look or feel particularly lowered.

Any ideals??

Warren

Its possible someone painted them but much more likely someones fitted lowered springs, I assume the back is the same?

I've honestly not had chance to look...as soon as I started to fix the washer pump problem..the heavens opened...the wind started..and I though...fup this...I'm going back in the house pmsl

Compare it to some standard cars when you see them or ask Yip for the measurements or do a search on his threads iirc he has got the measurements.

yippeekiay said:
Grab a tape measure and see how much it is actually lower than standard (below).

Nominal height from wheel center to top of wheel arch;-
Front - 375mm
Rear - 378mm
:eek:k:

Back