Replacing the HCV (Heater Control Valve)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! Just bought a Puma a few weeks ago and the heating was working when I bought it and now it's not.... Not great with the winter!

Do you have to drain the coolant before you can carry out this work? I saw something that said you have to so just wanted to double check first.

thanks!

Its not necessary to drain the system but you will get some spill out, then you will have to top it back up and bleed the system once you're done :eek:k:

Welcome to the Puma ownership by the way!

Thanks!!

Ok, i'm a complete newbie when it comes to fixing anything on my car - how do I bleed the system??

Cheers.

Jam said:
Thanks!!

Ok, i'm a complete newbie when it comes to fixing anything on my car - how do I bleed the system??

Cheers.

Just top the coolant up, leave the cap off and start the engine, let it run so it gets up to temperature, let the coolant bubble up and spill over (this is the air being released from the system) keep topping up after each spillage and leave it running for about 20 mins or so until the water steadies itself.

There may not be much, there may be lots of air, depends how much comes out when you take the hoses off.

:eek:k:

Great guide just replaced mine using this guide, blowing cool as polar bear farts, Thanks!

Latest posts

Back