Reported to police :( :( :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_89

Got a letter from the cop shop the other day, saying theres an investigation against me for dangerous driving, insecure load and driving without due care and attention!! just so happened that I had a little fall out with another motorist who had just climbed out of a Fiesta ST and just marched out into the road! I had to swerve around him to miss him then he shouts 'PRICK' through my window! looks like he took my reg and reported me for non existent offences! insecure load!!?? theres no load to put in a Puma! The helpful lady at the police told me there is nothing to worry about as cases like this hardly ever go further but still, I did nothing wrong and it's almost as if your guilty till proven innocent!!

Horrible feeling to get letters like this as I simply couldn't afford to loose my license and I love the Puma too much to loose! I know that 99.9 % it will be ok but still.....

Anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Alex

Maybe he meant that the insecure load was you...lol

Sounds like nothing to worry about. He also sounds like a pratt for reporting you as it sounds like he jumped out of his car to try and confront you and you didn't take the bait.

I'd keep an eye on your car in case his ploy was to report you in an effort to get your address.

Some complete tw@ts out there nowadays as I've had many a kerfuffle with some....lol

I think you could be right seeing as I am 6ft 3! I think your right as the lady I spoke to at the station said that no one has been convicted of an accusation in the past 8 years for Herts police! she said theres nothing to worry about, just to give a statement, but the worst thing is that I know of arsehole who reported me!

Yeah I already asked the police not to give out any of my info but they were already on top of that, just a scary letter to read, as it's titled 'notice of intent to prosecute' but the second letter just asks for a statment??

trying not to worry but just don't need this atm!!! :mad:

your word against his, its not even worth the hassle of them doing anything. If they get arsey, push it to court. Any Magistrate with a bit of sense would realise its your word versus someone else. Someone whos not qualified to decide what is and is not dangerous driving and/or a secure/insecure load.

if you see him again....note his reg....and id never suggest you should make an anonymous phonecall to anyone regarding a dangerous weapon that you think he might have had in his car.....!!!

youl be fine mate.

some real idiots out there who never seem to grow behind the maturity of a toddler......

Thanks for encouragement guys, I sent off my statement in the post today and told them exactly how it happened.. After speaking to a few people about it I'm confident enough I'll be ok, just can't explain the feeling you get reading a letter like that.. All I can do now is wait and not think about it, but I'm sure it'll be fine!!

Thanks again

Back