Resistors for LED indicators

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGPlayer1

Strictly this isn't for the Puma, as i already have sorted the lighting on that, but it concerns the same thing.

Basically i'm putting LEDs in my motorbike too and in testing it appeared that the flasher unit worked with LEDs all round, but it was a bit rushed and when i actually fitted the ones i'd bought there was no flash just constant light. So i went on eBay to get some resistors and discovered both 25w and 50w units available, both 12V and 6ohm. Now i have the same 21w bulbs in the Puma and use 50w resistors without problem, but the 25w are half the size and anybody who knows motorbike wiring knows that space is limited, so the smaller the better. However i don't know if the 25s will work so i thought i'd better find out before i buy.

BUT

To make matters more complicated there are some 50w resistors on eBay that have 4 wires, which one would be lead to assume can be used for both left and right, and again the less stuff the better. But the poorly translated Chinese description says one resistor per side, but then why would it have 4 wires?

So any electro-buffs out there who know what's best then please help a brother.

Ideally i want as little gubbins as possible because of the limited space so the best option would be the four wire 50w so please tell me that it'll work haha.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back