Respray

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulQ

So about a month or so back, I needed the arches doing, so bought some from Kizza. Getting them welded on was another matter but eventually it was done with seam welding as opposed to the tack welding that was done to start with.

Once this was done, I went off to get a front bumper as mine had a crack in it. This was a disaster as the bumper I got had broken brackets at each end: nobody noticed. I didn't either, and this was then preppped and sprayed ready to go on. :cry:

I took the car to a friend of mine who was going to do the job. The guy's runs a bodywork shop and has been turning out good stuff for years. I delivered it one afternoon and left it with him to finish off the prepping and spray it.

The next day I go down to see how things are going. There's no one around so I take a few photos:
15721640969_0ba30ac34e_b.jpg

as I'm about to leave, I see someone I know and as where the guy who's doing the job is: "He's in hospital, he had a stroke this morning." :eek:

I go off to hospital and find that he's not too bad. He can still walk and talk but he has a weakness in his left side.

I go back and find that one of his colleagues is now doing the job plus other jobs he had in the pipeline, plus his own.

This turned out to be bad news: the second guy isn't so good, he skimped on the paint, failed to paint the hatch, left the front wings with only one/two coats instead of three, the mirrors are made of orange peel, and he seems to have sprayed over some underseal/road tar.

I don't want to go worrying the guy in hospital, so I wait until he gets out (a few days) and makes it back to work (a few weeks.) He still has a weakness in the left side and he's off work for a month at least.

Anyway, he promises to have the hatch finished, the old bumper mended and sprayed and to have the mirrors fixed. The next job will be when he's fit again: he'll redo the wings and throw in the bonnet.

At the moment, TUJ looks good from about 3 metres and will last until he's fit again.

Latest posts

Back