RESULT!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n1ck1984

When i first baught my Puma, i couldnt get anything under 800. I was a first time driver remember. and about a couple of weeks ago it was time to renew my insurance. and i couldnt get anything under £1000! until the company Quinn,whome i was already with, decided to hack 250 off my insurance. 550 i now pay. i checked again at other companies and even tried to get them to better the deal. but they didn't wanna know.

there was only one deal under £1000 i could get wich was £925 or sumit. so i decided, suprise suprise to stick with quinn. But i was actually blown away, because in this climate i was really expecting them to Bring out the lube and do a number on me. But they haven't half won over a customer.

Was a pleasant suprise and it makes my Puma all the more enjoyable! :D

1st time driver £800 is phenomenal! I paid that ten years ago on a 1.1 and I'm a girl!

You now pay about the same as me...what is your secret!!

Wow... good result.

I never understand how the price can vary so much with different companies!

Didn't even think about the price difference when I purchased the Puma, but had thought it would be more expensive going from a 1.4 MGZR to the 1.7 Puma.

My car is always insured Fully Comp with protected no claims - Currently 9 years and my insurance company that insured the MG came back with 689.50 :|

Managed to get the same rates of excess and cover for 555.40 with Zurich Connnect via compaire the market and my Broker couldn't match it so i left them after 9 years.. :?:

Always the risk that they may try and increase it next year and just lower the prices to get people onboard but hey I can always shop around again LOL

As the tacky advert says: with just a few clicks and your spondoolicks
and you’ll thank your stars that you...

Crazy world of Car Insurance!

Im with Quinn direct also...

I went from a 1.2 corsa to my 1.7 puma and the insurance only increased by £20 permonth :D

also free breakdown cover, european driving cover and 3rd party insurance on any other vehicle :D

crystalpuma said:
1st time driver £800 is phenomenal! I paid that ten years ago on a 1.1 and I'm a girl!

You now pay about the same as me...what is your secret!!

I honestly don't know. Maybe it's just good old fashioned touting for business. i have noticed alot more pumas on the go since i baught mine, not being big headed or anything, it's just the observation ( and its nowt to do with me noticing more since i got mine ). i mean i was the only one with a puma in my street, and you had to go to the other side of town to see another one. There used to be a MIllie that stalked the streets at night. But three months into my ownership of me car. There are two more in my street and about another 5 in the town overall.

they are all in good nick so maybe that shows up in their database ? i honestly don't know how it works, all i know is i was really expecting to get it tight. and i don't live in anything like a Utopia.just your standard ex miners council estate.
zarablackcoupe said:
Im with Quinn direct also...

I went from a 1.2 corsa to my 1.7 puma and the insurance only increased by £20 permonth :D

also free breakdown cover, european driving cover and 3rd party insurance on any other vehicle :D

Thats a result n a half. During my search for a new quote i put a couple of cheeky checks in for an MG ZR, was actually cheaper than the puma but i had been warned off them by a friend who has had 2 of them and had an endless list of engine problems. i was just curious to see what i could get away with really, was never going to hand over my puma at that point! :-D

My insurance is still £1000/yr and I have had my licence for years!

For some reason it still stays the same regardless of engine size. I have had 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.7 and 1.8 cars previously.

Mark1 said:
My insurance is still £1000/yr and I have had my licence for years!

For some reason it still stays the same regardless of engine size. I have had 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.7 and 1.8 cars previously.

Surly something up there Mark... :?

I'm 30, 9years no claims but also with 6 points and car parked on the road, yet mine is only £555.40 Fully comp with protected no claims and £150 excess!

Well I have a pretty good one for you all..............

Ford Puma Thunder group 13 insurance: £780 (1.7) engine
Porsche 924s group 19 insurance: £178 (2.5) engine

Yes you are reading correctly no there is no mistake.........Oh dear and people wonder why I say car insurance companys just make it all up.

Good result! I nearly got a ZR instead of my Puma, but the head gaskets are notorious on them so went for the puma. As it happens, the Pumas ECU fcuked up a month after buying i, costing similar to that of a new HG on a ZR. Just shows you lol.

chris3boro said:
Good result! I nearly got a ZR instead of my Puma, but the head gaskets are notorious on them so went for the puma. As it happens, the Pumas ECU fcuked up a month after buying i, costing similar to that of a new HG on a ZR. Just shows you lol.

same sorta score with mine lol, i got my puma for monkey nuts only for it to be dragged in for a £700 repair about 2 months later. DOH! i'll give her another year before i try upgrading to a 1.7, pref a millie.

im 25 and i have just got my insurance renewal and they quoted me £428 so i went onto confused.com and now i pay £236!!!!! i know before you say i sound like the advert...

alex_69 said:
im 25 and i have just got my insurance renewal and they quoted me £428 so i went onto confused.com and now i pay £236!!!!! i know before you say i sound like the advert...

Same sorta thing as me, but in reverse. Confused was the first place i checked.so when confused had me down as getting very little slack i was stunned when my insurance company came through with their offer, it's swings and roundabouts. Hopefully there will come a time when the whole insurance structure is good and proper and not so random in appearance.

Latest posts

Back