Reverse Gear Problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper65

Since we have owned our puma Its been pretty dificult at times to select reverse, If I place it in 1st gear and roll it forward slightly then select reverse its perfect but when the car has been standing or it seems expecially from cold selecting reverse is hardwork to say the least. if reverse gear gear in then virtually forced there's a fair clonk when selected?

anyone else had these problems or any info as to what it might be would be much apreciated :thumbs: ?

it another common Puma issue the trick is if you can tell reverse isnt quite gonna go in just dip the clutch n rool ever so slightly while trying to get it in reverse and you find itll simply pop in its not a fault with your car it seems to happen to all Puma's never really looked into why must be somthing to do with allignment dont think theres anything that can be donoe about it im afraid (on a side note i used to try waiting a few seconds after i stopped before even attempting to put it in reverse and that seemed to help)

Planetslick said:
it another common Puma issue the trick is if you can tell reverse isnt quite gonna go in just dip the clutch n rool ever so slightly while trying to get it in reverse and you find itll simply pop in its not a fault with your car it seems to happen to all Puma's never really looked into why must be somthing to do with allignment dont think theres anything that can be donoe about it im afraid (on a side note i used to try waiting a few seconds after i stopped before even attempting to put it in reverse and that seemed to help)

Top man Planetslick! you've made me feel alot better now mate :eek:k:. I have spent a fair bit of money on the car of late and was hopeing this wasn't anything else to prove costly. I mentioned to the wife if there's anything else wrong it going and she looked gutted! she loves the car.

Back