Ride in a FRP???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethanfitz

Hi,

As some of you may know i've hit a cross road with my current puma (green and orange). When i brought it i was assured there was no issues with it, but 6 months down the line i have found so many botch jobs and cover ups along the way its unreal, and to top it all off i have only just discovered that all the sils front to back both sides (pretty much) need replacing... so much rust... :cry:

Due to this i am considering buying a FRP as i have wanted one since i saw it but the plan was to have this 1.7 for several years then maybe upgrade. As my 1.7 is not "normal looking" i don't really want to replace it with a standard 1.7...

So basically im torn between fixing the 1.7 or using this "sign" to buy a FRP!!!

the only problem is i have never seen or been inside one in real life...

Basically i was wondering if there was a FRP owner near (ish) to me who wouldn't mind me coming over to have a look, and if they would be kind enough to possibly take me for a spin in it so i could make up my mind on what i want properly.

I Live in Brandon Suffolk is there any FRP owners around where i am who wouldn't mind??

thanks in advance
Ethan

Hi, I know what Your thinking... it's a tough one....

I'm afraid the only one who can answer it is you... what does Your gut tel you? What do you want the moat?

If noone offers, I'm planing to take my frp replica to ford fair.. :)

Yep im trying to make my mind up lol .

I really do want an FRP, (in my head) but i know i should check one out and take a drive in one first. As they are so rare im hoping someone will be kind enough to take me for a drive in theirs and im pretty sure that way i will be decided one way or the other. Then i can either focus on finding myself a good example to care for or stop dreaming and fix the rust bucket lol.

I have 5 months till my MOT so that's 5 months to decide i suppose...

The FRP is a heck of a lot harsher than a standard Puma. But, in the epic words of my wife, "it's like a puma, only more so!"

They are loud, they are crash on bad roads, and so much more fun than a standard 1.7. The easy answer is to test-drive one that's for sale. You won't be wasting the seller's time :grin:

...and outrageously cheap for what you get!

YUP Aaron is right i have :lol: and he helped me a lot so a massive thanks :thumbs:

Looked it over and gave it a little drive... couldn't get it out of my head so i got it, and it been smiles all since.

I would say coming form a puma on coilovers the ride is actually a little bit less crashy on a bumpy roads (i guess that depends on how low it is, mine was 3/4 of the way down), and it is defiantly more fun. The pops and bangs always make me smile :grin:

Plus the looks you get are fantastic... I drove to Enfiled on Sunday and i was in the traffic for the classic car show (i was visiting relatives) and while i was busy checking out all the loved and restore classics in the traffic with me the FRP probably got a lot more looks :p .

Also within the first two weeks of having the FRP i was sitting at some traffic lights when a police man pulls up next to me, slowly, winds down his window... Nods, smiles and says "Nice car, Love it!" then drives off... Kept me smiling all day that one did...

In short... I LOVE it :D

Back