Rolling Road Live Tune vs FRP Map

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkie

I'm looking at the FRP map at £250 which seems quite expensive. Pumaspeed do their own map for the same price which they claim is better than the FRP map. I can get a rolling road for the same price with mapping locally..

I know places can load the FRP map onto a TAPE ECU for a stupid amount of money, but my question is:
Can you get the TAPE ECU rolling road tuned? I thought you could not change the fuel/air/timings on the ECU, the only way to do it is load a predefined map like the FRP map.

Car currently has 4-2-1 Pumabuild manifold, Sports Cat, stupidly big bake bean can exhaust that you can hear for miles & FRP Airbox mod. I have the FRP cams to go in.

I'm looking for the best option and preferably cheaper, but ultimately the best map! :wink:

If you're looking for the best map, then it's not a software load.

However, I'm unsur whether you can live map the Puma ECUs.

I went down the uni chip road. I was getting 141hp with 421 manifold and full piper frp replica exhaust. Frp cams. Puma speed remap and mondeo t/ body and ported std inlet. Decided to get uni chip and live map. Ended up with 155 hp and 136 foot pound torque.. was happy with that..

Wow, 155bhp, without the FRP inlet!? How or where did you get the inlet ported?

I see Unichip seems to be £400-£1200. :(

How about http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECU-Master-DET3-Digital-ECU-Tuner-3-the-best-piggyback-/222084875480?nav=SEARCH any comment, is it waste of money?

Back