Second-time Puma owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorboy

Hi,

Just bought a red 2002 1.7. I actually had a green 2000 1.7 from new which I kept for 3 years so it's great to back in one again :)

It was actually my Son buying one a few weeks ago that prompted me to get another, although his is sitting on my drive right now half way to having it's cylinder head removed. Turns out that although it had a recent cambelt change, the tensioner hadn't been installed correctly (pin fully removed before tightening clamp bolt.) So, I'll not be doing any work on mine for a while (not that it needs any urgent work.)

I'm off to search for a head (or engine to cannibalise.) After the footie of course :)

Bob

Welcome to the 2nd time owners club :eek:k:

Hello everyone, newbie from North Wales here.

Same story here really! We had a 1.7 1999 in black from New. Now 3 kids later I am back in the fold. Bought a green 1.6 2001 model as a stop gap 18months ago. It's been brilliant. Just past another Mot. These cars are bargains. Why pay 1000 pound for a dog xr 3I!!, puma far better. The puma was ahead of its time in 1997. So now the hunt for me is on for the holy grail - The Racing Puma!!
Thanks
Paul.

It looks like you can take the man out of the Puma but you can't take the Puma out of the man.

Back