SEEDY CHANGE NEWbIE BY PROXY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloopjohnrb

Hi, my nephew has recently bought a Puma, R registered, 1.7.

Installed is a RDS EON 5000, from which a cord emerges from the inside of the "tape" inserter aperture, and the cord has a phono jack plug on the end.

We' thought it might be for an MP3 player or Ipod, but experimentation shows that it isn't.

Referring to the manual gives little help.

In the, "Audio" booklet, there is mention of a CD changer-it tells one to look in the "Owners Guide" for the whereabouts of the CD changer-but the guide makes no mention of this CD changer.

Please could you help?
1. Can one attach a portable CD player to this wire and jack?
2. Or, does it have to be a CD changer, and if so, assuming the one that should be somewhere is missing, where can one be bought?

Best wishes

Hi and welcome,

Does the cord attach itself to a dummy tape inside the 5000 which you can eject or is it 'hard wired' in?

I would imagine either way that it's an aftermarket job done by the previous owner. It's probably for a portable CD player as I had one like it in an old Mondeo I had.

The Ford CD changer that you can fit to that unit has it's connection to the rear of the radio, so I doubt if it's that.

Any chance you could get a picture up? that may tell us some more.

You should be able to use those phono connections to hook up a portable MP3 player / MiniDisk player / CD player etc.

It's a bit like an auxiliary input just a rudimentary way of implementing it.

The 5000 series can easily be replaced with the 6000 series single disc cd player.

The optional Ford CD changer connects neater at the back of the unit and usually sits in the boot or under the passenger seat.

Hi to all,
many thanks for your help-I apologise for not uploading a photo as promised, however I've had an emergency to deal with and have only just got my car head back on today.

The wire from the unit IS hard wired in, and it appears to be a power lead as, when attached to a phone adapter; it powers my nephew's mobile phone-this much he has discovered.
so I guess a pic is now superfluous.
I will try and run an independent CD player of this and see if this works.
Thanks again,
Best wishes

Latest posts

Back