Set of FRP alloys!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to let you know I've got one sat in my garage just taking up space. It's slightly buckled and could do with a refurb but if you want it for £20 it's yours.

Flying Scotsman said:
That's no trouble and i shall shop around for reburb places that are not too expensive.

Great stuff. If you would consider doing that though (refurbing then selling them to me) then consider them sold - I'd definitely buy them from you, as I'd be looking to get them around then anyway!

Alex_gregory_uk said:
Just to let you know I've got one sat in my garage just taking up space. It's slightly buckled and could do with a refurb but if you want it for £20 it's yours.

Thanks Alex, but I'd rather buy a full unbuckled set. Appreciate it though :eek:k:

The standard silver would be amazing bud.

So yeah, if you could give me a price for the four refurbed wheels, that'll be great :)

Is there any rubber on them? Not a problem if not, just curiosity!

audio84 said:
Pumabuild want £330 for a set of 4 refurbished ones without tyres - not TOO bad, but I'd rather get some for the same price with rubber :)

They're bloody rare I'll tell you that!

Plus they may advertise them, but seldom have refrubed ones in stock

spike. said:
audio84 said:
Pumabuild want £330 for a set of 4 refurbished ones without tyres - not TOO bad, but I'd rather get some for the same price with rubber :)

They're bloody rare I'll tell you that!

Plus they may advertise them, but seldom have refrubed ones in stock

Indeed... they advertise LSD's, spend a month trying to ge thold of one then say, oh we have run out. lol

Pumabuild have 2 sets in stock at the mo, but I'm happy to buy your refurbed wheels in October instead :)

City Powdercoaters in Birmingham do them for £25 per wheel they did mine (and do pumabuilds)

Simon

audio84 said:
That's absolutely fine by me mate :) I heard there's a few places that do full refurbs for about £40 per wheel. If you want to add that extra price on top of the price that you'd originally sell them to me for then that's ok with me. If not I'll take them off your hands anyway and I can refurb them whenever.

Thanks for holding onto them though, much appreciated :eek:k:

Blue3 said:
City Powdercoaters in Birmingham do them for £25 per wheel they did mine (and do pumabuilds)

Simon

They did my 18s and Cherie's 17s for £20 a wheel a few months back and they're top notch :eek:k:

c4c650a2.jpg

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=214295#p214295" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Couldn't remember sorry, I just remember a few people saying the same thing - that the average was around £40 a wheel.

Flying Scotsman said:
You realise these are 17" wheels aye?

Indeed I do. Saw a puma on eBay with 40mm springs and frp's on, and it literally instantly made my mind up! 17" FRP's and 40mm's it is.

IIRC you will need spacers to fit them aswell...

the ET of the FRP is 28 and the standard Puma is 34-38

Aye I expected as much. Guessing 12mm on the back and 20mm on the front would do it - should solve the rubbing problem too

Have a look.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Racing-Puma-7-5Jx17-inch-alloy-wheels-with-tyres-/330774042233?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item4d03ab5679" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmmmm, they look slightly different to be FRP's though. It's okay Scotsman I'm happy to wait for yours!

Back