Shaken, not stirred ;-)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trublustu

I have modified my Puma in just about every department.
and on track, it genuinely out performs most other Pumas I ve come across.

I`ve always kept the styling subtle, bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing.

But...

I`m now in the Javelin Sprint series, meaning I have to display these quite large `Race Numbers`

So, it looks like `subtle` has had its day.
Time to give the car a more serious look.

Now I`ve seen a few stickered up track cars which look really quite rubbish, and cloning someones successful design is not my style.
So I`ve taken the plunge with A Martini decal set, (similar to some Porsches)

Here are the results...

And to cap it all, it matches my race overalls!

For the time being, the only `sponsor` sticker is for Facom.
To celebrate the 1/2 drive socket set that has re-built that car (more than once)
I`ll be thinking of some other relevent decals to add to it.
I have some 8" Ford Racing stickers on the way...

Superb! Martini colours are one of my favourite racing liveries... after Gulf. Wouldn't mind seeing a Puma in Gulf colours - it has crossed my mind on a few occasions when thinking of a respray...

Hi,
On a TV program 'Shed and Buried' in on episode there was a glimpse of a Puma in Gulf livery. I put a thread in the 'Spotted' section. There was one reply that author said that it rang a bell with them. I agree Gulf is one of my favorites, what about the BASF livery?
Regards,
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]352439[/post] Hi,
Sorry to disagree. I think the Martini graphics are old and naff and are out of character with the Puma.

Regards,
Richard
Don't hold back, Richard, tell them what you really think.

It's not like the guy put any time or effort into doing it. :roll:

I wholeheartedly applaud Puma owners and enthusiasts for their time ,effort and resources they put into their cars. In most cases the financial resources far out way the value of their Puma.

When one posts on the site one does so in the understanding that another member may respond with their own views. Some posts actively seek a response from other members, such views may or may not coincide. On the occasion when my view differs from others it does not mean that I do not appreciate the the work and effort that an owner has put into their Puma.

Regards,
Richard.

Erm...

Well, thank you everybody for their feedback.

Fortunately I gave a thick(ish) skin and can accept hat not every styling choice is to everyones taste.

I like it. And as I`m the only one driving it that`s all that matters.

Standing out from the crowd at the Javelin Sprints was my only aim.
This must have worked the photographer stalked me all day getting over 110 photos of the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97dl48gfvx98ybw/DW7E5804.JPG?dl=0

Back