Shield or no shield...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scofield.1

Ok, thought I would pose a little question about the thin metal heat shield above the exhaust....

Mines is fully dangling on top of the exhaust, do I need it? do I just remove it, or do I have to reattach it?

Gary

took mine off and my chocolate kept melting in the boot evertime I did the shopping (dam chocolate addiction) so now put it back on again :grin:

(might be something to do with the size of my back box though)

Hey maybe not fitting mine back in place will be keeping my carpets nice and dry now lol As for chocolate... meant to be giving it up!

Got rid of mine whilst changing my exhaust the other week.Dead weight really.Same goes for the spare. :wink:

the heat will dry out and crack all the sealant on the undebody protecting the car from rusting......

i stripped all mine off with meths and coated the 'transmission tunnel!' with a sticky back heat reflective sheet. also wrapped the exhaust where it gets very close to the brake lines.

no problems so far, been a few years now

Yeah,noticed how the exhaust had burnt off the underseal throughout the length.Another job for when/if the weather gets better :lol:

mmm will continue to think about this then lol next time i am underneath will see if it can go back on easily but more securely. Its possible of course that I have rust problems underneath, so if I do then may sort stuff then. The exhaust is a stainess one and seems to be like 4 inches away from the surface of the tunnel, thought it would be ok, will keep an eye on it....

Back