Shiny Milly!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinster

As car was serviced today and weather was nice thought I would give it the old Meguiar's 3 step and clean up the interior:

milly1.jpg

milly3.jpg

milly4.jpg

milly5.jpg

millyin1.jpg

millyin2.jpg

That looks very 8)

I dare say Cherie will be along asking questions later

;)

What kind of questions?

I'll try and head her off at the pass:

Question: How long did it take?

Answer: 3 hours and I'm knackered :D

Chinster said:
Question: How long did it take?
Answer: 3 hours and I'm knackered :D

You're very quick...a normal polish job takes me about 3 hours...

Nice to see a Milly with a dash plaque although mine is attached to a silver heater panel currently sitting in the garage :(

A Megs 1,2,3 would take me at least all day to do properly.

4 hours minimum for stage 1, 3 hours minimum for stage 2 and as long as my arm could remain attached to my shoulder for stage 3.

Think I'll be spending all day on the millie with stage 1 someday soon.
(But it'll be worth it 8) )

Jasper said:
Looks great. I'm really warming to yellow as a car colour.

Does your car have half leather seats?

The standard Millennium interior is full leather with recaros at the front.

Dal said:
A Megs 1,2,3 would take me at least all day to do properly.

4 hours minimum for stage 1, 3 hours minimum for stage 2 and as long as my arm could remain attached to my shoulder for stage 3.

Think I'll be spending all day on the millie with stage 1 someday soon.
(But it'll be worth it 8) )
I think we'll be spending all day on her at some point soon. Don't expect you to do all the work on my car, though you do have more experience using the paint cleaner/polish/wax than I do.

Ok, to address the time issue:

It was cloudy and windy, I almost didn't do it for fear of rain but I brought everything out with me and belted on with it. The sweat was dripping off me by the end I can tell you. As time wasn't on my side I didn't get to remove all the 'bug juice' as much as I would have liked, but I didn't do too badly. A very small minority of bug juice is now sealed under 3 layers of Meguiars :)

I waxed on and I waxed off, Karate Kid Stylee until it was done. I didn't miss any bits and made sure everything was cloudy on the paintwork at each stage before buffing off.

Dare I suggest that some of you spend more time sipping cocktails than polishing your car?

Hehe, just kidding.

What the photo's don't show are the many touch up bits on the bonnet. Photo's hide a multitude of sins.

Chinster said:
A very small minority of bug juice is now sealed under 3 layers of Meguiars :)
amber_from_ambericawest.jpg

Jurassic Park style? ;)

What the photo's don't show are the many touch up bits on the bonnet. Photo's hide a multitude of sins.
Not unusual, the touch-ups on mine need touching up in the right shade of yellow. Previous owner must have been colour-blind. 8)

Cherie said:
Chinster said:
A very small minority of bug juice is now sealed under 3 layers of Meguiars :)
amber_from_ambericawest.jpg

Jurassic Park style? ;)

Not unusual, the touch-ups on mine need touching up in the right shade of yellow. Previous owner must have been colour-blind. 8)

Mine are the same actually, perhaps the touch up paint ages differently or something.

Almost look like brown spots on my bonnet!

I've got some that are paler and look almost white, and others that look almost orange. :pinkeye: Why can't people just get the right colour rather than guessing?

Cherie said:
Previous owner must have been colour-blind. 8)

Not suprised if they'd been staring at yellow paintwork in the bright sunshine for hours - burn your retinas out!

I haven't done any touch up work on my milly yet, but truth be told, I'm markedly colour blind so could be in for trouble :(

As long as you get the paint from Ford, you can't go too wrong. (Although it is annoying that they charge the same price for a single touch up paint pen as they do for one with a tube of lacquer in the set. <_<)

I think my milly is a pretty good example. Don't get me wrong, those stone chips on the bonnet are horrible, and I did have to get the rust on the wheel arches sorted recently too.

Apart from that I love it, and I do mean LOVE IT.

There is a little tear in the drivers side leather seat where I get in and out all the time which is wear and tear I suppose. I should sellotape it up so it doesn't get worse!

My car does get admiring glances, I let a Belfast Taxi driver out of a side road the other day and he slowed down, wound his window down and said to me.....'That is a CRACKING colour mate!'. I was dead chuffed.

On the other hand many of my friends say it's a girls car.

Can't please everyone all of the time!

EDIT: Apologies to the girls, you know what I mean, I hope!

I think the yellow paint really is deserving of a very good polish to really get it as deep a yellow as possible. The colour seriously cheers me up on a bad day :grin:

I like the way it offends people too...but that's just me. It's a fun colour on a fun car, what could be better?

I bought a large bottle of Holts touch up paint custom mixed in a branch of Motorist Discount Centres. It's proper name is Ford Zinc Yellow. The match is perfect.
I'll need to get them to do some spray cans shortly as I'll be tackling the lower rear arch rust :cry:

Back