Single collet groove or triple collet groove valves?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKpuma

Greetings to everyone.

I need to change the exhaust valves and the inlet valves on my 99 Ford Puma(Analog Dash) with the 1.7 Engine, because the Crank pulley untightened it self :x .

But when i look on ebay i can choose between Single collet grooves or triple collet groves on the valves which one do i get or do i have to take the head off first too see which one i got?

Triple collet Grooves: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-ZETEC-ZH17-SE-EXHAUST-VALVE-181008-/140345113684?hash=item20ad387c54

Single collet Grooves: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-1700cc-ZH17-ZETEC-SE-EXHAUST-VALVE-1007/381461479872?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40760%26meid%3Db379902a9f3f48aea91b9f4358eaec37%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D140345113684

Acually both the Head dimensions and the length are different on the valves too?

I wouldn't buy anything for it until you got it stripped down and made sure the head wasn't damaged as well. Just as a matter of interest have you just bought the car, had the cambelt replaced or replaced it yourself as it's highly unlikely that the crank pulley bolt will come undone by itself?
Barry

Greetings Barry.
I bought the car 6 months ago with the cambelt changed by a local garage. The car did not have any problems and ran extremely good until now where it makes no compression on all of the cylinders. We have looked down the sparkplug hole with a camera and the cylinders has not taken any damage, so we came to that conclusion that it must be the valves that have bent.

Maybe i should take the head off first before i do anything first, like you say Barry.

If I were you I would take it back to the garage for them to fix it as it sounds like they've botched up the cambelt change. If the pulley bolt has come loose ask them how they tightened it up, what special tools they used, and to what tightness. If the pulley bolt is still tight they've probably cocked up with the cambelt tensioner.
Barry

I have called them, but the garage only offers warranty on the parts changed and not on the work they are doing. That is optional here in Denmark sadly.

Just ask for a list of parts they replaced. I bet my life that they haven't replaced the crank bolt which is 'use once only' type and after they torqued it up it let go after a while.
If that is the case, you are entitled to ask them to repair the engine as they clearly haven't followed proper procedure for the engine in question!

Have a word with my good friend Martin (MS-DIY) on here regarding this as he is from Denmark, is a mechanic and knows how to do the cambelt change properly. He may be able to give you more advice about dealing with the garage.
Barry

Thank You, both of you.
I will try calling them again.
And i will keep Martin, in mind if i need further guidence thanks.

Back