Size does matter - talk about tyres :-)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felis Concolor

They say you can`t fit a square peg into a round hole... Well, sometimes you can hardly fit a round tyre into a round hole! Here comes the story:

Once upon a time in the West (Italy) my Puma had been on 195/50/R15 Goodyear tyres before its lady owner got rid of it... How did I know? By the spare wheel underneath the trunk - or at least what had remained of it, a pure slick DOT 01 :) And when I bought the car, it had been wearing some 185/55/R15 Dunlop SP Sport 01 tyres DOT 0408 - stlli intact then, but ageing. So when replacing them recently ago, I had ordered same-sized Goodyear Vector 4S DOT 1515 (being with a 9mm-taller profile than 195/50/R15, they are more recommendable for driving in BG). However, one of those 185/55/R15 Dunlops I retained for a spare wheel - but it could hardly fit back underneath the trunk, I trully had to push it to do so and looked pretty stupid while doing that :oops: Luckily I haven`t lost the spare wheel by now!

ERGO - 9mm does matter sometimes :)

And when i got mine it had an oversized spare, which had been deflated to get in the carrier - useful!

TGPlayer1 said:
...spare, which had been deflated to get in the carrier - useful!
Affirmative :grin: Problem was, I got all my tyres (incl. the spare) inflated by nitrogen and didn`t mean to additionally inflate it by oxygen. Like my tyres might have commented - oxygen, stay away from me, humidity, mama, let me be :lol: Have a good drive everyone!

Latest posts

Back