**SOLD** 1995(M) Suzuki GSF600 Bandit - £800 **SOLD**

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red

Administrator
Staff member
For sale is my first big bike purchased in 2008 which I've now replaced with a new bike. The Bandit is very forgiving and very easy to handle.

Good all round condition, obviously showing signs of its age. Surface rust on the frame
MOT (19th Oct 2011)
Tax (April 2012)
V5 present
Datatag
Rear hugger
Good front and rear tyres
Good chain and sprockets

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

The exhaust is quite loud as it's an after market BS stamped can which is supposed to have a removable baffle but doesn't.

In my ownership it's had (Within the last 36 months):

Valve clearances checked and adjusted.
New oil cooler pipe
New indicators (Oct 2010)
New headlights (Oct 2010)
Chain & sprockets (Gold DID) (June 2009)
2 New rear tyres (last July 2010)
Front tyre (July 2010)
Handle bar grips
Bar ends
Rear brake strip and service (July 2010)
New brake pads (July 2010)
Brake fluid change (June 2010)
Oil (Oct 2010)
Oil filter & Air filer (Oct 2010)
Spark plugs (Oct 2010)
Bulbs
New manifold & bolts
New engine cover bolts
New throttle cables (Oct 2010)
New choke cable (Oct 2010)
Fuel tap repair kit installed (Oct 2010)
Carbs balanced (Oct 2010)

The bike is very reliable and always starts first time! The engine is solid although does suffer from being noisy, I made the mistake of trying to 'fix' this in 2008 and a garage replaced my alternator for a cost to me of £400! It turns out it's just the cam chain rattling and is common amongst these engines.

The only negatives is that the bike weeps a small amount of oil out of the engine cover where it doesn't fully seal, this has been like this since I've owned it and doesn't detract from the bikes use. It's got a good solid frame but as you can expect there is some surface rust where some of the paint has been chipped away. The carbs can't be 'perfectly' tuned because a previous owner has snapped a vacuum nipple off and welded over it, I do have a spare set of carbs which I will include but haven't had fitted.

I'm the 19th owner of the bike but I'd not let this be a negative as I've owned it happily for two years. Just think, you could be the 20th owner!

The mileage is assumed unknown, at some point in it's life I would say that someone has either reset or replaced the clocks. When I bought it it was showing 6,000 miles and it's now showing just under 20,000 miles. (The MOT sheet from 2007 reads 3734 miles)

The last MOT the bike passed with no advisories.

I also have a spare brand new front tyre which I can include if the bike sells for close to the asking price. (It won't need it for ages though!)

Located in Peterborough
£800 ono

Any questions!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back