Sold my beloved puma :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumagirly

Shes gone today :(

I have had to invest in something bigger & more practical as Im expecting and didnt fancy the prospect of trying to get a child/seat and pram into the puma.

Its a sad day as I have owned her over 2 years and she has been such a little faithful car to me, nippy, reliable, cleans up a treat.

So.....I am now the proud owner of a Citroen Xsara Picasso. Very different, especially with the size, but I have to admit its lovely, practical and a pleasure to drive, but I do think of my puma everytime I see one!

Its sat on the forecourt of the garage waiting to be sold at the moment, prob wondering what its done :cry: and I just hope it goes to someone that loves it and cares for it as much as I did.

:-( Hope theyres many more years of motoring left in her yet, even on 108k! (Id do a pic but I wouldnt know where to start lol)

Kat x

Sad to hear the Puma as gone, but hope who ever buys her looks after her.

Child seat pretty easy to fit in the Puma, pram not so practical

I dont find the seats in the puma that great to try and get in the back - as they didnt say "fixed" and used to ping back, so I didnt fancy the prospect of trying to grovel about in the back.

I was a tad worried about trying to find the size of prams to fit in the back, Im sure a lot of people have had success, and it was a case of weighing up having to part from my puma and dealing with the above points.

I just wanted to try and make things as easy as poss for me and the babs to be and at least the picasso is higher up and has lots of room :grin: But will still miss the puma :?

The good thing is you can always come to back the Puma in the future :cool:

I used to put our old travel system pram in the boot of the FRP and the car seat come buggy add on went in the back ok. The child seat not fits also as she's got bigger although we bought a new pram and recently found it not to fit in the FRP which is a bit of a pain. (Just strapped it in the other seat in the end)

Whilst not the most practical it can work.

Fortunately we have a Fiesta which does most of the donkey work for carrying us all around though :grin:

(Only use the FRP for family business if the Fiesta is in the garage)

Good luck with the Citroen, sometimes I do consider what life would be like without the FRP and a bigger car in tow.

I really did consider all angles - of getting a tiny travel system to fit in the puma and keep it as it was no easy choice :roll:

Shes on the dealers website today I px'd it with and I cried! how sad am I?! :-( Must be the hormones. I just didnt know if my back would face using my lovely puma on a regular basis as a my main car. So I had to put my practical head on before my heart.

I just hope I have done the right thing. I hope so. :)

Heres were she is if anyone wants my lovely car!!!

http://www.clipstonecarsales.co.uk/used-cars/ford-puma-1-7i-16v-3dr-mansfield-201118386105819

xx

Electric seats? That sounds great! Shame to see it go I presume, but hey, more important things are on the way!

In 19 years you can get your son/daughter to buy a Puma for their first car, then you have all the fun of driving it with none of the hassle of owning what, in 19 years, will be either a shed or a classic!

Early Puma's were much better specced (and very marginally faster) than later ones.

I am 28 years old, me and my fiancee have just bought our Puma, we dont have children but we are planing very soon, and i dont intend to sale my Puma. I know it would be dificult to manage because its a two sitter and the rear space is not that good, but i think it would be dificult for the first 3 years, after that the kid can get in and out by them self and i think a two sitter is much safer than a car with 4 doors, my fiancees brother just bought a Puma too, he has a baby girl and doesnt complain at all, he is very please with his Puma especialy with the boot space. I have a friend that owns Honda Integra type R, and he is selling it because he just got his baby girl, I know his heart hurts he invested so much in that car, i dont agree that you have to sell your sports car when you have babies, when you sell your dream car and buy a minivan or station wagon a part of what you are dies. Yes I would sale my Puma but only to buy a FRP or Cougar, as far as the Picasso its ok for a family car but is ugly as hell, unless it looks like this :wink:
picasso21gf.jpg

I use mine with a 5 year old and 10 year old in back ;)

To be fair we have another car and mine is my toy and i take/pick the kids up from school in it sometimes a few times a week max so not used as a main car.

I havent found a good fitting booster seat yet mind, any suggestions?

there were times when I had 4 adults in my kat - 3 of them 6 feet or more tall

they were only short journeys though, and the short@rse had to sit behind me with the circulation to his feet cut off!

Back