Soon to buy a Puma. A little help please!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audio84

Well it's my first post here, so hey everyone! :grin:

For three years I've had my 14 year old Ford mk4 1.8D Encore Fiesta - yeah, it needs it's well earned rest from being my first car. So I've now decided to buy a Ford Puma as my next car. I'm looking to buy one that's a series 3 Puma or later in either dark gray or black. I'm not all that into big modifications, but I do like to subtly improve the car so I already know what I'm going to add to the car.

HID headlights are going to be the first on my list, I've seen a few fitted to the puma's well designed headlamps and it looks fantastic. Secondly I'm going to add a very subtle low rear spoiler, just to add to the curves. Thirdly I'll fit the FRP front splitter to balance it out.

Now this is where I need your help.. I wouldn't mind lowering the car slightly to get rid of the obvious gaps in the wheel arches, but I'm not sure where to go on this one. I'll probably aim to lower it about 30mm or 40mm, but what do I need? Coilovers or springs, what are the differences, what's cheapest between the two to lower the ride and what do you recommend? If there's any other tips you could recommend for me on anything about the puma then that would be fantastic!

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help! :)

- audio84

It's alright I've got a few I've got my eye on. Getting the car isn't the problem, it's just those issues I've mentioned. What's the cheapest and most effective way to lower the car to about 30-40mm, what HID's do you recommend, any tips for a first time Puma owner, etc! :)

Don't forget that an HID conversion on a puma is technically illegal, as the headlights weren't designed for them. :eek:k:

Lowering: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; decide what you want, then do your research to find out prices.

I also may be stating the obvious, but make sure you're happy with the insurance premiums (particularly if you're going to be modifying it) before you buy.

I get you. Really good to know these things, so I appreciate your help!

The insurance rate isn't a problem at all, but is the insurance bound to raise that much if I lower the car? Just wondering if it makes a substantial difference.

If there's any other tips, or possibly any other things I should know then that would be great! :)

Latest posts

Back