Speedo

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grims_Puma

Any ideas on why my speedo and Millage guage have stopped working? i'm guessing they are connected. Whats the fix for this?

Thanks

Weather its the digi or analogue, it could be the transducer that plugs into the top of the gearbox. Its the only thing that connects the 2 issues you are having. you can try the digi dash diagnostics if its a digi dash you have, hold the trip in, and turn the key to position 2, and toggle through the modes until you get gauge sweep, if all gauges sweep, then the actual speedo is fine, its the signal to it thats at fault, which comes from the ecu via the transducer. Id check the wires to it 1st, they could be damaged, and not sending the signal to the ecu. If all wires are fine, you can put the transducer pin in a drill, and turn it and see if the mph gauge goes up. If not, then its more likely to be the transducer. If the gauge does go up, then it could be the speedo ring on the diff, or the plastic speedo gear that it turns, they can be quite tricky to change!

Thanks for that, mine is a digital display, it used to work intermitantly it worked in summer then stopped in winter for some reason now it just stopped alltogether, will try all od them and see what i come up with thanks

ok so i have replaced the speedo sensor and it still has not sorted the problem, a neighbour of mine has a diagnostic programme and we plugged it in, it came up with a "speedo sensor A" fault
according to the book that is the instrument cluster or similar, i know the instrument cluster guages work as on the guage test they all sweep, I am getting DCT readings 0115 which is ECT sensor circuit faliure and 9318 instrument cluster getting less than 8 volts (yet the battery test came back saying a health 12v)
I'm now thinking of doing an electrical test to see if there are problems with current coming in and out of the cluster.
Anyone had similar problems? I have also tried changing the battery this had no effect

Hi Grims_Puma,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this, as Im having the exact same problem. Speedo has stopped working, along with the mileage but all other dials are working fine. I've had mine checked from the speed sensor to the dash and nothing wrong was found, even diagnosis found nothing.

Someone else has mentioned the speedo plug in the back of the dash, so im going to take a look at the weekend, but other than that I haven't a clue what else it could be. Don't really want to get a need speed sensor due to the cost, and the fact its not been identified as the culprit yet. And after reading your post, im more than ever convinced its not this. Im gonna kick myself if its as simple as the plug in the dash not in fully, grrrrr!

Back