sport ka / puma strut difference

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj2013

hi all

anyone have any idea if there's a work around for the brake house supporting bracket being in different place on the strut? for coilovers that is.

Zip ties :) lol

You could fabricate new mouts usimg some form of clamp, ie exsaust clamp, hose clamp ore something like that, and veld the "holder" onto it...

Might be easyer to make any sugjestions if you post a picture of the problem at hand :)

okay, here's a ka one with a little fork mountjust above the hub line

mKcHZPz9thejfHueKQGCa9w.jpg

and this is a puma one with the mounting opposite the arb bracket

mtT4ZJI2GfubYUvKLeZcX6w.jpg

okay, so it's the brake hose that differs, so it's either change hoses or alter the bracket

Just watch whatever you do with the brake hose as when you lower the car it makes the top curve of the standard brake hose far too sharp. I've put Goodridge hoses on mine which is lowered 40mm with ST170 brakes and I'm still not happy because on full inside lock ie left wheel to right lock and right wheel to left lock the caliper flange of the hose is a little too close for comfort to the inner wing. I may well go to home assembled SS Braided hoses as the rigid part of the joint flages is shorter so I could use a bracket to keep them away from the inner wing.
Hope that helps
Barry

Latest posts

Back