Sportex Induced Headache!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phn

It turns out my new Puma has a Sportex exhaust on it.

A great sound for short journeys - nice snap, crackle pop from the exhaust on the overrun, but on the motorway @ 3000 - 4000 Revs for 3 1/2 hours - OUCH- my head was buzzing by the time I left the car!

Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience and / or if there is a backbox available which is somewhere between a standard system and the noisy sportex.

Would be interesting to know if there are any better options out there.

Many thanks,

Philip.

Does it still have the middle silencer in the system or has this been removed?

i have a full hoffman system on mine...no middle silencer, big back box.....nice low burble up through the revs but very muted for distance work, and of course it is a straight swap

Hi - just had a look at the Hoffman and seems very reasonable price wise - may see about swapping to this one in the future.

I don't know if the car has the middle silencer or not (just bought the car and not had a good look underneath yet!) but what I can say is that it pops and bangs a lot on the overrun - which is good fun and sort of compensates for the droning on the motorway!

Hi Chris, took your advice - standard exhaust backbox on now. Much more civilised for day to day use!

Latest posts

Back