stearing rack gaitors

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi ive been looking at my steering rack gaitors tody as ive got some new ones and my old were an addvisory on my mot has anyone done these and have photos how to remove/replace please i have new track rod ends aswell and put new front sway bar bushes in as ive done that i also put new drop links in none is tightened down as with the sway bar and drop links being new do you need to tighten them when cars on the ground that would be hard or can i tighten the bushes then the drop links when on axel stands
thankyou for any help i am photoing as im going so when ive finished it will all be on hear thanks all

jason

:p :roll: :thumbs: :eek:k:

For change the steering rack gaiters you have to remove the track rod ends first. Afther that you can open the rings and pul the gaiter of the rack. By doing this work two things are absolut important. 1. By removeing the track rod ends count the turn and install the new ones with the same numbers of turn. 2, Do a steering geometrie after replacing because of manufacture tolerance from the new parts.

Back