Sticking window and awful wind noise

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_89

Hi Guys

Not too sure if this is a problem that anyone else has had but recently my Puma's driver's side window has been sticking. It will eventually go up after I've put it down and up again a few times but it's getting annoying! Plus it doesn't seem to be shutting properly meaning at speeds over 40 the wind noise in ridiculous! I'm thinking that the window may not be on it's runners properly...?

Any had this problem or could offer advise?

Cheers

Alex

Hi, not had the exact problem, but my N/S window was 'reluctant' near the top of it's run, so yesterday, I gave the guides at the front and back a good squirt of silicon spray lube. Make sure you avoide the door glass seal, though. After running it up and down a couple of times, the tight spot seems to have gone, and its as free as the O/S. Not had the wind noise problem, though.

Mine sometimes sticks as described. Have had a look behind the door card and the glass on mine jumps up and out of the clamp when winding down, then does not seat properly on the way back up causing it to stick and you need to do it up and down a few times to get it closed. Could be a similar problem!

Cheers Guys. I've had the door card off and it seems the window wasn't on the runners 100%. I've sorted this now so the window isn't sticking but it hasn't solved the wind noise! not really too sure how I'm going to go about this one!

Yeah, the window is completely shut and it's whistling very loudly! I'm still not sure how to go about repairing this?

I dont know if this will help but I believe there is info on here somewhere for adjusting the window frame, if indeed that is what is causing your problem

Think This is it

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... b97170.pdf

Right well that link isnt working here but its on here elsewhere and does work, just not when I pasted it :?

Search for this thread the link works from there

permanent way to stop sticking window?? Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am

If your describing what I think you are then I may be able to help. This is where the glass pops out at the top of the door, I had the same proplem on my Eg civic which seems to have the same curved glass and rubber seal setup that the puma has. It seems to be caused by the rubber seal at the top of the window deforming and then being pinched by the window as it closes. This eventauly causes the window to pop out at the top nearest the B pillar causing a lot of wind noise.

If this is the cause then close the window, get either a table knife or a screwdriver and use said item to carefully flick the rubber seal back over the glass, you can wrap the screw driver or knife in a couple layres of tape to help stop either scratching the glass or damaging the rubber.

Once the rubber is back in place with the window closed use a hair dryer to warm the rubber up, this will help return the rubber to the shape it was originally in, then let the rubber cool and set before opening the window again, be carefull with the paint when using the hair dryer.

I also find using silicone spray once a week when I clean the car on the runners and the rubbers helps stop the problem from coming back.

Hope this helps

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/18/1520324/tsb97170.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back