Stupid colour question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lib319

Is melina blue classed as a metallic colour? And if not, does that mean it doesn't have a coat of laqueur on it?

Melina is metallic (if you look closely, you should be able to see slight flakes/sparkles in the paint) so yes, it will have lacquer.

It's a pearlescent rather than a metalic I think but yeah, it definately has a clear lacquer over it to protect it. :)

Did Ford have Pearlescent paints back in 1997?

I didn't think they did, it's only really been the last couple of years that they've started using pearlescent paints, such as on the Asbo ST.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_206533_langId_-1_categoryId_165580#dtab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Says pearlescent on that but then again it is Halfrauds! :p

Hellfrauds think the Puma takes 9006 bulbs though.

:roll:

just incase you are going to t-cut the paintwork,DO NOT use the the red bottle of t-cut,this is to harsh and will damage the laquer,use something like autoglym paint renovator,or t-cut for metalic paint thats in a blue bottle.....

Yup, the US custom scene have been using Pearlescent paints for donkeys years but I doubt money conscience Ford Europe would have in 1997.

martinthrapston said:
just incase you are going to t-cut the paintwork,DO NOT use the the red bottle of t-cut,this is to harsh and will damage the laquer,use something like autoglym paint renovator,or t-cut for metalic paint thats in a blue bottle.....

Will do, cheers

Back