SUB

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordgee

hello i was just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to hook a SUB woofer up to a standard ford puma radio/cd player that comes standard in the car ??????? thank's :D :)

The standard head unit isn't really powerful enough to power a separate sub. You could try getting a sub that will take a speaker level input and use it's own filter to cut out the higher frequencies, but I doubt it'll go very loud to really notice it. The standard head units don't have line outs / RCAs.

If you want a sub, you'd be better off changing the head unit and getting a line out to a sub amp.

PS: You don't need to start a new subject if your original hasn't been answered. ;)

ah i see :D i did not really want to change it wanted to keep it standard
and i thought my post was removed that's why i started a new one. :) :D

ps. do you know were i can get some official ford seat cover's ? thanks FG :)

You could get an amp that accepts speaker level inputs and connect that up to the rear speaker outs from your head unit. The quality tends to be not quite as good as line out, but then for a sub it might not matter. Then you'd be using just your front speakers for full range.

Never heard of Ford official seat covers unfortunately.

Back