Clutch problems

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so a quick little update on the situation. I got the clutch kit from LUK so thank you guys for the recommendation. But I wanted to ask about possible links to certain problems with the car. So I got a video of a cold start and warm state of the car (never mind I cant upload it) . High idle on cold and stays around 1.5k rpm, and after it warmed up it started to bounce around from 1000rpm to 1100rpm until I kicked the throttle and the rpm went back to sitting at 1.5k. It's really strange to see it until I went for a little spin. In first gear when I planted full throttle, the car had very slow acceleration and then it hooked and sped up. Do you guys think with all the things listed, it's correlated to the clutch being fucked? I'm just hoping once I replace it, its all good afterwards but I wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems.

Attachments

• 1000016823.mp4
    47.6 MB
Last edited:
I don't think the cold running and the warm running are related.
From cold it seemed that my Puma would sometimes rev at 2000+ and woukd need me to blip the throttle as it seemed to have stuck open. Sometimes I had to hook my foot under the throttle pedal and lift it to stop the revving.
The part where you are running and trying to accelerate seems to be how my Puma was when the clutch was slipping and stopped when I had it replaced. It was worn and would not grip properly so the engine can't drive the wheels as well. There is a delay, where you pull away, where the engine increases revs but the forward motion takes a while to catch up. I really noticed it when I had a passenger, the extra weight made it much more apparent.

Latest posts

Back