Suspension Help Required

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robyorks

Ok, so I recently bought my puma. It came with a broken top mount which I replaced today. Upon removing the coilover I discovered this

Now, the chap I bought the car from tells me it came lowered 40mm from the factory. So my question is, how do I go about identifying the damper for replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Rob.

Robyorks said:
Ok, so I recently bought my puma. It came with a broken top mount which I replaced today. Upon removing the coilover I discovered this

Now, the chap I bought the car from tells me it came lowered 40mm from the factory. So my question is, how do I go about identifying the damper for replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Rob.
A bigger picture may help....

If it was lowered at the factory, then it would have been fitted with the blue coil springs (the make of which eludes me at the moment) and would have standard shocks....

No standard Puma were lowered at the factory.
Eibach springs were an option that could be retro-fitted after delivery to the dealer.
These had a different spring rate, were -30mm and fitted to the standard damper suspension. They were not "coilovers".

IIRC, someone mentioned that going lower than -30mm with standard dampers could put too much load on them.
Lowering 40mm+ would be better with either shorter dampers or using coilovers.

Back