Tailor made silver.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melinamotor

After selling the FRP in 2008 the time came to buy another Puma and tailor make it to my personal taste. This is my third Puma and the first one I have started to modify beyond the standard supplied car. I always liked the way the FRP sounded and wanted to emulate it as close as possible, a custom exhaust is now in place.
The FRP Sparco seats were also superior in my mind to the standard cars, therefore I managed to source (from a guy on here) some nice FRK seats, exactly the same just grey.
With the standard twill trim looking odd the next thing was a nice leather interior for the door cards and rear bench, these came from a black edition.
I have never rated the standard wheel or the bodged alcantara on the FRP, luckily a member on here was selling a Fiesta Black steering wheel. Its a good wheel with smooth leather rather than the melting perforated stuff that comes as standard.
Any way thats the interior sorted, this year is now about the external aspect of the car and handling. Hope you like the pics.

Looks lovely! Wheel and seats - great combo. I'd be tempted to get some FRK seats if they weren't rarer than hen's teeth. Maybe when I've got £600-800 burning a hole in my pocket I'll have another look around.

Thanks for the comments, next step is getting her lower and stiffer with a brake upgrade. I did have some wheels lined up from a member on here too but had to let him down owing to another commitment that came up :-( (Sorry topman)
Probably going for black Pro race 1.2's to give it a moody but modern look.

Love the FRK seats ,but i think once you have had an FRP a standard puma just wont cut it, i think id spend all my time and money trying to get it like an FRP, but it would never quite be there!!

Good luck with the sale.

Over on PumaPeople (more info there):
"Im asking £1800 including the interior and exhaust, but will always be open to offers."

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like good value with all the work/new bits that it has.

SpeedFreak said:
Love the FRK seats ,but i think once you have had an FRP a standard puma just wont cut it, i think id spend all my time and money trying to get it like an FRP, but it would never quite be there!!

Good luck with the sale.

Agreed and I have owned an FRP and ironically that was the reason I bought the seats :) This car is for sale because Im getting another FRP next week.
If I dont sell then it will probably stay as my everyday driver purely because without a doubt its better suited to b-roads than dare I say it the FRP. Its a nice example, nice burble to the exhaust and not too loud, all smooth leather steering wheel feels great too. Pulls like a train even though its an 01 build. Also on PH classifieds.

Back