Temperature Gubbins

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run the system with the heater on full whack set as hot as it will go to get the pump going too.

I've taken it for a drive since then....pushed it slowly up to 70mph, over the space of about 20 minutes. Temperature gauge was bang in the middle, hot air was blowing out and no nasty smell when I pulled up later....but the coolant level has dropped substantially. I've not opened it to check or refill, as the engine was still warm, but I think I've got a leak

You will of lost a fair bit replacing the HCV, did you top it up before setting off? Top it up again, now youve driven, run it for a few mins with the heater on full, and if it drops then yeah, youve got a leak. It helps to put some carboard under the car on idle, and look for drips. Where the drips land is a good way of knowing where abouts any leak is :)

Depends. A knackered hose is easy, just get the part number, take it to ford, get new hose and swap them over. Its just logical. If its water pump or radiator, then could be difficult to the tune of a few hundred quid. I dont think its leaking from the sounds of it, the hcv has a litre of water behind it iirc so you may of lost that.

Latest posts

Back