Tesla Roadster

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Just... wow...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXWfL-1ieuE[/youtube]

Nice looking motor but.......horrible dash (or lack of) nasty steering wheel (what happens if you miss it in the middle of a turn because unless you are a racing driver you will spin the wheel as normal) and 0-60 in 1.9 secs.....fine on the track but on the road? stupid and pointless...so yes Wow but also why?
Bring back "proper" cars that won't try to kill you when you decide to enjoy the performance

Dont worry too much because if you use all the performance for more than 10 minutes it will drain the batteries dry.Its going to be awhile till electric cars are practical for all.At the moment they are just suitable for popping to Tesco’s so long as it’s less than 15 miles away with no steep hills not 3c and pissing with rain.

It`s technology filtering down.
This is top notch, cutting edge exotica..
And there are eco city cars are everywhere..

There`s be an electric MX-5 along soon :)
Not as extreme at this beast.
But a mouth watering prospect none the less...

If you're in the Warwickshire area and you see a small green camouflaged SUV type, don't try to out drag it, it's a new all electric car from a major manufacturer, and it'll do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds and has a range of over 300 miles. There's also an Aston Martin in green camo knocking about, and that's like sh*t off a shovel.
All JLR cars will be either all electric or Hybrid by 2020 by the way.

Mm, was thinking about a situation last week,We started a journey from Calais to central France.Within 10 minutes we were in a blizzard and the next 6 miles took 2.5 hours,exit roads were blocked by stuck trucks and pricks who were clueless.Had to keep heater on as you can imagine.Finally found an exit to middle of nowhere which was worse than autoroute.Found way back onto autoroute and continued at stop start pace for next 2 hours.How would an EV cope with that?They need to genuinely extend battery capabilities LOTS before I would consider one.

That Tesla is hugely impressive but I'm not sure on Elon Musk.... Can he follow through on what he claims? Who knows, a lot of industry talk seems to think Tesla will go out of business soon. Having been in a P100D though I can honestly say I'd buy one!

For my own thoughts...Electric cars are just a stop gap, hydrogen fuel cells driving electric motors are the real future of motoring. Its the most abundant chemical substance in the universe and produces nothing but water as a waste product. Plus you can drive home and plug your house into your car and run the house from the cars on board power station.

I've owned/driven an electric vehicle and am about to get a Golf GTE on a 8 week demo, they are fantastic bits of kit, so quiet and smooth but they are not the the future. My old EV Kangoo van had a claimed range of 100 miles but I would get through that in about 50 miles.

I'm looking forward to getting the Golf to see how the technology has progressed, the Kangoo was a MY2013 and battery/electric cars we're in the infancy back then so it will be interesting to see how far they have progressed in the last 4 years.

Someone I know has a Hydrogen car :cool: (I'm not sure that they own it but they definitely drive it a lot)

This was seen as the future even back when I was in school. Unfortunately the practicalities around them is challenging. (Number/weight of batteries at the time etc)

It is a tricky one to master but I think once the have the eureka moment everyone will get on it. It needs a manufacturer Le Mans team to get involved with it to give it a push in the right direction, nothing moves faster than motorsport development.

Its only since WEC & F1 went hybrid and the introduction of Formula e that battery technology has really started to accelerate.

Latest posts

Back