The Beast From The East

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT66

Well, an interesting drive home tonight in some pretty bad conditions. One and a half hours to get 10 miles. It was a bit alarming to see BMWs and Mercs fish-tailing alongside me on roundabouts and traffic lights - thankfully the old Puma remained as sure-footed as usual.

I know there's some Puma owners from Scotland and the North East of England on here, areas far more heavily hit by the snow than Manchester - how have things been for you? Still taken the car out and had any fun?

Hi Mike
This was how it was at lunchtime here and we've probably had another 3 inches of snow since then.

:lol: That doesn't look like it has moved a great deal in the last day or so! Snowing lightly here now, but I'm more worried about icy roads tomorrow morning, as I drive to work at 5.00am. I certainly saw a few cars with new bodywork damage - a BMW looked especially like it had been clobbered with a baseball bar or two around the rear end. As long as they stay away from me...! At our dealership they are doing midnight handovers for the new reg cars tonight - I have a sneaky suspicion that there'll be a few brand-new Mercs needing a bit of bodywork attending to tomorrow.

There's no way I'm going out in any cars till this lots done as it's a steep slope down onto a busy A road at the bottom of my estate. Just had a look out the front and it's chucking it down again so with the freezing temps looks like I'm stuck here for a few days. As you said it will be a bit dicy on the roads especially at 5AM so I hope the gritters are out in force for you.

Snow? what snow? :?

Schools all closed in my area today ( I think its in case the kids get cold) so day off for me but we only have a light dusting and all our roads are clear!!!!
Take it easy out there guys

zinc2000 said:
[post]367890[/post] Snow? what snow? :?

Schools all closed in my area today ( I think its in case the kids get cold) so day off for me but we only have a light dusting and all our roads are clear!!!!
Take it easy out there guys

:lol: I was specifically thinking of you in my original post! Thought you'd be hit pretty bad up there - Ayrshire, isn't it?

Wasn't too bad this morning - I think lack of traffic helps, sometimes. Having said that, it would be nice to be told we can leave early - anything to avoid another 1.5 hour journey home.

red said:
It's not so bad here but it did stop my boiler working this morning.

One of my colleagues found his kitchen totally flooded this morning - the drainage hose for his washing machine had frozen when he put some clothes in to wash last night - resulting in washing machine throwing dirty water all over the floor. First thing he knew about it was when his soaking wet dog jumped on his bed to dry off this morning - a nice wake-up. :lol:

That's not nice. Basically the same issue as me, the condensation pipe from the boiler was fully frozen.

Aww, thanks MikeT66, thinking of little old me :grin:

South Ayrshire virtually unaffected, very cold and zero grip on one of the hill roads I have to get up for one of my School runs with a twin wheel Transit bus that also has zero grip but makes my job more interesting, back to work in the morning

zinc2000 said:
[post]367902[/post] Aww, thanks MikeT66, thinking of little old me :grin:

South Ayrshire virtually unaffected, very cold and zero grip on one of the hill roads I have to get up for one of my School runs with a twin wheel Transit bus that also has zero grip but makes my job more interesting, back to work in the morning

That sounds like how it's been today in Manchester - bloody freezing Arctic wind, but a lot of the snow around the city has simply disappeared. Still some very bad areas near Rochdale and towards the Pennines, but roads much clearer.

The only scare (sort of) that I had was driving to work this morning, when a large bush blew straight from the side of the road and jammed under my car - sticking quite well under there thanks to it being a 40mph dual carriageway. Spent a few minutes dragging it from underneath the car after reversing/going forwards slowly didn't dislodge it. Very tame considering what others have gone through. Thankfully. I'm almost sad to see things return to normal, as I'm still a bit gutted that at the storms worst, work never closed for a day. :grin:

evilrob said:
[post]367884[/post] I'm annoyed that a storm has stolen my nickname.

You should have gone here, Rob...
https://www.gov.uk/how-to-register-a-trade-mark/apply Too late now, though. :lol:

MikeT66 said:
[post]367922[/post] You should have gone here, Rob...
https://www.gov.uk/how-to-register-a-trade-mark/apply Too late now, though.
:lol:

Latest posts

Back