The Grand Tour

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilburner

Has anyone seen it yet? Without giving too much away the first episode was worth the price of Amazon Prime on its own.

They were given £160 MILLION for the 12 episodes, that's £13.3 MILLION PER EPISODE. In an interview with Clarkson he said one sequence cost £2.5M, and it lasted less than a minute.

You know what else had a budget of £160M? The movie Titanic.

You would have thought that as they tour the globe, each episode would have something to do with where they were? Otherwise what's the point of it being "The Grand Tour" ?

Reporting on car events mostly in Portugal and UK from the USA seems a bit, well, pointless?

Did quite enjoy it to be fair. Will it be worth my Amazon Prime subscription? Time will tell!

This may not make me popular, but I thought it was drivel. I managed 25 mins and switched it off.

It certainly made me remember why I was so tired of them. I was hoping each episode would be like the 'specials' they did like Vietnam on motorbikes (it's what the title suggested), but it was the same worn out jokes recycled again on the same format.

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]358417[/post] This may not make me popular, but I thought it was drivel. I managed 25 mins and switched it off.

It certainly made me remember why I was so tired of them. I was hoping each episode would be like the 'specials' they did like Vietnam on motorbikes (it's what the title suggested), but it was the same worn out jokes recycled again on the same format.

I wasn't blown away. From what I can tell, they don't seem to be exploiting the grand tour element at all - it seems to be pitch the tent up in a random country and then proceed to film a substandard Top Gear episode whilst making no mention of the car culture of that particular county.

A missed opportunity so far.

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]358417[/post]
This may not make me popular, but I thought it was drivel. I managed 25 mins and switched it off.
Drivel you say! Even I managed around 29 minutes.

Not worth trying to over-analyse these things, I just know I wasn't entertained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzt6vlpdZWM

The first 2 episodes were quite entertaining but episode 3 was a let down the guys were in whitby for this episode but we spent most of the time watching the boys driving around northern italy in a film they had done earlier,there could have been at least a few driving scenes from the whitby area!

Latest posts

Back