The puma evolved... TOTALLY UPDATED WITH COLOR CHANGE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya,I just wanted to mention my interest in this isnt very immediate for me at the moment, although it will be at some point,rather I am thinking of other members and ebay buyers. Just wanted to mention this so you or your dad dont go to any unneccesary effort just for me.

Yes the bottom of the stainless arches, or in other words the inside of the circular radius should have a lip that would turn in towards the centre of the car if that makes sense I'm not sure how deep the lip is off the top of my head but it would seem to be more like 10mm will have a look in a bit. I guess this would be the most skillfull part of doing it and might be too difficult with the 1.5mm thickness I think you mentioned, perhaps thinner stainless would be easier and also make bending in the bottom part mentioned earlier easier too.

Just took another look at your piccies and I think your template should go all the way down to the sill on the front of the arch so that the stainless arch will be usable for people whos arches are worse than yours was in that area. I guess ideally they would be able to cover any eventuality and variation in peoples rust, but they could trim off any bits they didnt need if say for example they didnt have rust low down near the sill.

No problem mate, yeah the lip your talking about I misunderstood.
The reason I made it without is because thru it not having a lip its unable to store water and salt deposits.
Although yes it can't rust, just me being cautious, the sill thing again ayes it would be a lot harder to make with the curvature of thr bottom to the sill but if enough interest I could see if its possible maybe a slight price increase due to more work but Ofcourse would make a template and test first

Would be interested in a set after ive had a little bit of practice mig welding mild steel to stainless. My arches are an mot 'special' repair done by a previous owner! lol

aberdarepuma said:
Honestly its gorgeous the number of people I've shown this to today in work and collage is unreal!! Hope I can get to a meet this year and see it up close!! :) x,, I'm like that mine will never be finished haha x

With show season almost here I'm sure it will be seen unfortunately due to a recent break up with the fiancée I've cancelled fast show :(
Ford fair is a must for me tho and any other dates/ meets you guys fancy let me know, pics really don't do it justice untill seen I'm the flesh ;)

You should come to this:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=18430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reckon you'd get pride of place in the centre of the stand!

Looks good to me matey, ill have a read thru better when I'm on laptop n get it down there :)

Love the color change.

If I had the cash I'd get mine wrapped in something equally loud probally a lambo color

Yeah deffo the best option if you want it low on 15s and still have a small amount of drop left lol

You should get a for sale ad up on here if you haven't sold it already - I'm sure you'd have several interested parties.

For sale section here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Advert guidelines here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=34258#p34258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Basically include a price, location, photos and contact information)

ok thanks for the tip man ive been serchin high and low for a setup to get my 195/50 15 tyres just inside the arches as my shitty ta technix stil have a 1 1/2 arch gap on the front and bottoming out haha how low do you think the arches would be completely bottomed on the aps?

Thanks rob I will maybe make a thread for her.

With the ap coilovers on max drop you'd maybe still have 3/4 inch gap. It's o ly because I have the widened frp axle on mine an standard non widened arches I can't take the helpers out because it would catch the tyres lol.
Tbh the front is extremely low the bottom arms / A frame if you look at yours will probably be one of te lowest parts mine kept catching so I lifted her a tad. Although ap aren't cheap.
Believe they cost me 430 odd.
I'm sure some will vouch they are good but very stiff ride :)

If you lowered it all the way with no helpers it would have no gap but would catch everything lol

thats what im after! u mean subframe catching? my exhaust sits amazingly well in the tunnel,lowest part by far is the subframe,its only a subframe :p and my tyres are slightly stretched and the arch lip inside has been sorted :p

Latest posts

Back