The puma evolved... TOTALLY UPDATED WITH COLOR CHANGE

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the stainless arches was custom job by my old man :p.. hes a metal worker/ welder lol..
the respray after the work i did and bits cost £1800 mate :)

You might suggest he knocks a few sets up for sale, they may sell well.

Is there such a thing as stainless welding rods?

Is your roof non metallic paint?

I'm sure he may well do that if a few of u guys are interested.
The only problem we had was with the curve of the arch we had to bend it slightly to make it go ith the curve/shape
As for the welding ill have to ask him what he used, I.have no idea on welding lol.

Aberderpuma, thanks lol its had a lot of blood sweat and swearing put Into her lol.
Not finished yet tho :p x

Quest63, forgot to mention, the roof indeed is not metallic. Just plain gloss black

Honestly its gorgeous the number of people I've shown this to today in work and collage is unreal!! Hope I can get to a meet this year and see it up close!! :) x,, I'm like that mine will never be finished haha x

quest63 said:

It's been confirmed he can and will make these stainless replacements on demand.
Made from 304 stainless steel, 1.5mm thick
If any interest

£40 posted

aberdarepuma said:
Honestly its gorgeous the number of people I've shown this to today in work and collage is unreal!! Hope I can get to a meet this year and see it up close!! :) x,, I'm like that mine will never be finished haha x

Haha thanks, yes it will be at shows hope to see yours oo :) x

spark said:
quest63 said:

It's been confirmed he can and will make these stainless replacements on demand.
If any interest

£40 posted

Is that for a pair?

Yes mate.
As I said in an older post you may need t slightly bend them to follow the cars curve, its really not hard, mine as an example.
I'll try find a better pic when I get home, they fit nicely and stop about 6 inch from the underside of the car meaning it cuts all the water holding lip out and can't rust again :)

quest63 said:
spark said:
quest63 said:

If any interest

£40 posted

Is that for a pair?

Is it hard to weld with stainless steel??

Couldn't honestly tell you, I don't have a clue about welding,
It seemed pretty easy to my old man.
Someone with welding experience is highly recommended
Obviously it dosent have to me perfect as you will be as smoothing and painting after

Yea true I suppose I may be after a set of these I did weld new arches on last year off a doner puma,, but ford metal only last so long and I da wan my car to see another 10 years so while its having the re-spray now it would make sense to take advantage :)

aberdarepuma said:
Yea true I suppose I may be after a set of these I did weld new arches on last year off a doner puma,, but ford metal only last so long and I da wan my car to see another 10 years so while its having the re-spray now it would make sense to take advantage :)

Definitely worth while doing if its having a re spray, take advantage and don't have to worry about rust :)

Yep I would like to see any piccies of the arches whether off or while being put on car.

By bending the arches to fit did you mean to fit the side of the car so to speak or did you mean needs bending to follow the circle of the arch?

I'll upload som in next half hour, by bending, I mean as the car curves in slightly near bottom of car, its slight but thought I'd tell you first, ill explain better via pics soon

http://tinypic.com/r/29p80go/6 heres one of them being welded in
http://tinypic.com/r/acrggi/6 the cut out on the car showing how far they go to, and by bending you can see the bottom where it finishes is slightly curved inwards, its bent by hand on my car

http://tinypic.com/r/67lj40/6 the pieces themselves

Right I see what you mean about bending the bottom in now.

I see on your's you seem to have been able to retain the original arch lip I'm thinking some people probably dont have that luxury as the lip will be gone as well. Is he able to make them with the lip on?

Yeah I cut the piece out retaining the bottom thin lip which I also cut parts out of, haven't got a pic unfortunately.
The bottom lip was a welding point.
It was welded fully across the top, the side where meets the bumper and spot welded in the thin strip, just for strength.
I imagine you could cut the whole lot out and make it with a lip, as it wasn't done on mine ill have to get a template and see what he can do.

So it would be the same
s the originals but with, something like a 5mm lip on the back?.
Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Back