The puma finally passed its mot

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamlagoe

What's up guys :) after the puma failing the mot on Monday, I had it repaired today and it has got a long list of advisory so here they are

001 rear exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases
002 nearside front subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive
003 offside front subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive
004 offside rear subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive
005 near side rear road wheel with a slightly distorted bead rim
006 offside front lower suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint
007 offside front lower suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened

And that's it so I think it's time to buy a newer car and say goodbye because I don't want to spend anymore money on it :) and would like to know what you think it would be worth now? And when I sell it would anybody be interested? And when I sell it the car will look brand new and it will be detailed as is all the work I do ;)

Mine passed it's MOT yesterday and I had a chat to the blokes there. I mentioned that they rarely ever give advisories and they laughed. Their view seemed to be that if a car is fit for the road, then it's a pass, if it's not, it's a fail (like the time my sills dissolved into their inspection pit)- there are few grey areas. They also said that if they issue an MOT, they do have to cover themselves in the advent of their customer getting pulled over and the car inspected (they gave me one advisory for rear brake lines slightly corroded but said that they were far from dangerous) but some take it to extremes in the hope of extra work. Their favourite that they have seen from another testing station was 'Windscreen washers could be better'.

It could be that you've got a picky testing station and your car could carry on getting though the MOT for years yet, so unless you just fancy a change of motor, I wouldn't worry too much yet!

Yeahh I understand that if it's fit for the road it's a pass and anything :) lucky mine haven't dissolved yet lol
Yeah I get where your coming from because I used to work in a garage and they did mots and you have to cover yourself in case vosa come and re check a car, and I've never heard that one "windscreen washers could be better" :)
I don't think it's the tester because I have known him for years but you could be right :) and the other thing is I had to pay £222 yesterday to get it through the mot and for the age of the vehicle and I've had it on a ramp before it's very rusty and I can see things going wrong soon and don't want to spend any more money on it :) but thanks for the advice :)

Latest posts

Back