Thick foil section over middle of exhaust underneath car?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamChm

Can't think of any other way to describe it. It is on the underside of the car, roughly in the middle, fastened at 4 points and wraps over the top of the mid section of the exhaust - long story short, went through a massive flooded section of road and it's come away from all 4 fastening points.
Only reason it's still in place is that it's wrapped over the top of the exhaust.
Can I remove it completely without replacing it or does it need to be refastened or replaced?
Thanks!

Normally fitted to protect various parts from the heat of the exhaust however a lot of people seem to just take them off when the come off or start rattling.

Personally I re-attach mine using pieces of Stella can.

IMAG1516_zpsdig42icc.jpg

red said:
Normally fitted to protect various parts from the heat of the exhaust however a lot of people seem to just take them off when the come off or start rattling.

Personally I re-attach mine using pieces of Stella can.

IMAG1516_zpsdig42icc.jpg

Aye, that's the very thing. It's rattling off speed bumps. Worried it'll fly off on the motorway and pile through some poor bugger's windscreen! Will just get rid.

Back