Thinking about selling 236....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xrion236

Only had it a few months and although i love the pants off it i just cant seem to get the worry that something is going to go wrong with it out of my head. Ive spent about £400 on Various repairs already (thank you tremona for not being able to seal a sump correctly) and i think my head gasket may have sprung a small leak (thanks tremona again!). Its a daily runner but only for about 20miles or so. Anyway i cant stop worrying about repair costs mounting up and my income is "somewhat" limited but this is taking the biscuit!

Maybe its just the time of the year or i've had some bad luck, but i even sat in my car this morning thinking i could here a rattle from the engine even though a friend swore he couldnt.

I'm the same with mine at the minute mate.

I know the clutch needs to be changed now (i get a click from it every now and then)

But there are other things, like the steering has gone really light and, well almost wooly. And the 'possiable' weird noise from the front wheels.

Granted I don't have 909 tax on some of my parts, but i'd suggest speaking with Jacko- he knows lots of folks who can do the stuff for the frp, and not at unreasonble prices.

RE: Tremoras work being sub-standard, got to admit its the first I've heard of it. They are massively recommended here. Might be worth going back to them with the issues if they did the work not long ago.

Chin up matey- just find a good, empty, road on a nice day- good music on and just go for blast (when the HG and sump have been sorted of course) It'll make it all worth it- trust me on that

The Sump was repaired by my local ford repair/service garage (only a small outlet)that has exceptional customer service, always does a good job and never EVER had an issue with the work they have done(even bought my first puma from them when they were a dealership). and although Tremona have good customer service i've personally never rated Tremona that highly. They ripped me off for a coil pack + labour £250 some years back and since then have never really wanted to go back.

Ahh, sorry didn't get that.

Just pop it back to them and ask them take alook at

don't do it mate! the money spent getting it sorted will be worth the wait :)

what makes you think the head gasket has sprung a leak?

I'm gonna be spending over a grand on the FRP next year on various bits and bobs but I know it'll be worth it, feels like abit of a dog atm but I think it's just the cold weather wev had recently.
Take one bit at a time and see how it goes :)

I know that feeling all to well after having a major sense of humour failure with #013 this year. They do need 100% committment - if you don't have that, it could be best to move on.

That said, don't make any rash decisions, the problems you mention above don't seem to be that serious.

I've decided to see what happens when the clutch is changed i think the power drain is due to that.

I was probably thinking too much about things going wrong with it so my mind was trying to invent something thats going wrong.... although i do need a bit of rust sorted out.

If you've spent quite alot on it already then you should keep it unless things are going wrong literally all the time. If you sell it soon then someone else will get the benefit of all the parts you've fitted.

I'm in the same position with the Clio. Have spent a HUGE amount of money on it in the last 6 months and I was thinking about moving it on but i've come to my senses and will keep it.

You've just been a little unlucky but if you love it then don't sell it. you'll more than likely regret it.

Back