Throttle cable/body problems

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamski789

I've got the 1.6 engine and managed to get hold of the 1.7 throttle body dirt cheap, but I can't find where the cable sits in the linkage. Has anyone got any pointers, or a picture preferably? It's the "hammer" like end of the cable, there's just no where I can see where it fits, so it's making me think the 1.6 and 1.7 throttle cables are different.

Thanks

I recently changed my 1.4 to a 1.7 and the throttle bodies were identical except for larger butterfly, just swapped like for like
can you post a pic of the 1.6 tb

Hi thanks, coincidently I just read your thread. You've got a good picture of the cable, and it's actually a different shape so connects in a different way to the 1.6 model. So I need a new cable if this is to be done. No luck on ebay for a new one, does anyone no how much they are from Ford?

Actually why from Ford what am I talking about!? I mean, Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a 1.7 Puma cable? And are they easy to swap over?

You could just ask Ian G, he breaks pumas all the time, I'm sure he could sort you one out fairly cheap!

Back