Track Pads!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron86

As some of you may know i mainly use my puma on track days and on a budget at that, went to Cadwell yesterday and my greenstuff pads could not cope for long. Looking at either Yellowstuff or M1144 and any other options that you can suggest for the mondeo mk3 300mm conversion.

I didn't think you can get Ferodo DS2500 for those calipers but apparently you can, (I know its not a budget option but if you want good stuff when thats the way) so I would opt for those or DS3000 for pure track use.

Thats what i thought as well? There the ones i really want but couldnt find them, do you know where to get them from?

I've got red stuff pads on mine mate & have been great on the track! Awesome stopping power with the 300mm discs. I understand the greens are really best just suited to fast road & not continued track abuse! The yellows are probably even better than reds but are then more compromised on the road or until they're up to full temperature.

& yep, the Ferodo's are meant to be brilliant (not used them personally) but they do come at a cost!

Hope that helps a bit! :grin:

Well I say apparently as I was crawling some thread over on ZSOC and some member said he running them with that setup, don't know why someone might lie about that but I wouldn't have a clue on where to get them from.

Looking into other sites people either love or hate EBC and the same with m1144, although I am considering getting m1155s and only using them on the track as I have some spare standard mintex pads. Also come across black diamond predators which get some decent reviews, has anyone used theses?

I think I've just put black diamond predators on my car.. If the puma ever gets through it's mot I'll let you know what they're like..

Back