turbo for my 1.7 puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what turbo?

• T25

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • T28

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmazinPum

Hi guys im new here and was just wondering if someone could help me out really.

im planning on turbo charging my 1.7 and im planning on using either the t25/t28 using standard internalls but with a decompression plate and set up with megasquirt , but im finding it hard to find the right turbo to buy or what sort i should buy ie saab renault 5 or what, can anyone help me with this or show me what i need or just get me in the right direction

thanks in advance

I'd go for smaller one as you are keeping the stock internals. The engine won't take for long anything over 170-180 PS anyway, so go for cheapest and easiest option

Thank you for letting me know , im planning on about 200 bhp nothing major, just enough so to keep the puma more up to date

I got my T25 off a low mile written off saab 93 convertible,you can find them on a few other models 900 9000 i think if its a garrett it's a T25 on a saab,as the other turbo they used wasn't made by garrett. I drove about for a while without a decompression with 6 psi,then fitted a decompression plate and sold the car as i bought a evo.

o right thanks

something with a bit more power, bet you miss the puma though

T28 at very low pressure, which will help keep charge temps low.T25 at producing same air flow will have to run higher boost which means higher temps.

Back