turn over but wont fire?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexwilliams840

today i changed my cam belt, water pump etc and changed the plugs and fitted new ignition leads and the engine will turn over fine but it wont fire... its not the leads as it wont fire with the old leads either and everything electrical is connected fine... what could it be?

I think the obvious first guess is that you have not timed the engine properly

Have you connected the vct and cam sensors?

yes. the engine is timed properly as it's turning over but not firing... always something with these pumas..

I hope your right but I'm sure there must be a point where its timed well enough for any valves not to hit the pistons, but not well enough to actually fire?

that would be a very small range... everything as locked during so it shouldn't be the timing

All fuses checked?
HT leads are on the right connections on the coil pack?

Omg what if its something really embarrassing like forgetting to connect the coil or putting the leads on in the wrong order?
hope its sorted soon :thumbs:

Ahh what about the cam sensor it is possible to put it back wrong if your not carefull, theres a thread on the other site about this iirc

The one ringed in red is wrong the one below it is correct
med_gallery_435_14_137871.jpg

P1050915.jpg

if youve got one of the cams turned the other way up it would clear but not start :? rocker cover off again and take a look :(

Latest posts

Back