TYRES

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumalee100

Looking for 4 new tyres
Dont want to go high end but also dont want budget rubbish
Seen Yoko Blu Earth AE01
Any body got them or heard anything
Seems a decent tyre in rain and grip and around the 50 pound fitted range

Any views?

Hi there Lee,
I recently had two brand new Yokohama BluEarth's fitted to the front wheels of my Puma.
They're decent but then again anything was better than the tyres that I bought the car with, they
were almost slicks and the wheels always spun whilst pulling off in the wet, feels a lot more grippy now I must say! I must say though for the price range these are a jack of all trades and definitely worth the cash!

I'm no expert but arent there a couple of well tried well liked alternatives in that price range

Hello mate, with tyres it's all down to personal preference! But it might be worth taking a look at these. They get great reviews and they're a good price!

:grin:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p111610/Uniroyal_Tyres_Car_Uniroyal_RainSport3_Uniroyal_Rain_Sport_3_-_195_50_R15_82V_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The uniroyals look great!

I know its preference,,but just want decent grip and wet weather tread
Will def look into camskill
thanks

BigAl said:
Hello mate, with tyres it's all down to personal preference! But it might be worth taking a look at these. They get great reviews and they're a good price!

:grin:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p111610/Uniroyal_Tyres_Car_Uniroyal_RainSport3_Uniroyal_Rain_Sport_3_-_195_50_R15_82V_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've just bought 4 of these for the Puma. Couldn't resist getting the full set at that price. I wanted to go for T1Rs but the missus wants all-rounders.

£35 a corner for the Puma and £50 a corner for the Saab. Think I've done pretty well with tyres this year.

After research Uniroyals are for me got over 90% on all areas and top on most sites i looked at

Good call Big Al!!!

Thank you everyone for the help

Pumalee100 said:
After research Uniroyals are for me got over 90% on all areas and top on most sites i looked at

Good call Big Al!!!

Thank you everyone for the help

You're welcome mate! Hope they're good on your motor too! :grin:

Goodyear effecientgrip ftw, awesome wet grip and quiet road noise £52 a corner from Ebay

I had the Goodyear Efficentgrip Performance all round on my Puma, a good tyre but by far the best in the 195-50-15 size I've ever tried was the Michelin Pilot Exalto2 , shame they don't do them anymore, virtually unstickable on our Mk5 Fiesta ZS. A big fan of the Uniroyal Rainsport2 aswell, amazing grip in damp/wet conditions.

Got the Uniroyals!!!
AMAZING!!!!
the best tyre i have ever purchased
Unless it wears quickly,

Grip is amazing and was pouring the day i had them put on!

Transformed the car

May I offer those who are still searching these?

Brilliant wet grip, quiet and pretty economical too.

They have transformed the Megane Coupe

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p109357/Dunlop_Tyres_Car_Dunlop_BlueResponse_SP_Sport_Dunlop_Blue_Response_-_195_50_R15_82V_MFS_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_1_Noise%3A_67dB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back