Uneven power in first...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilDonut

When accelerating from zero in first gear I am getting very poor and uneven power most of the time. You get brief bursts of power then it kind of cuts out, then power, then cutout, etc...until high revs. Other gears do not exhibit this problem. It happens more when I have a cold(ish) engine, but sometimes when its warm too.

Is this normal for the puma or does it sound like I have a problem? I wondered if it was an issue with a sensor or the fuel injection system. I've got some basic mods (induction kit, 17" wheels, superchips bluefin) but this problem happened before that.

I get this sometimes, believe it to be the automatic choke/air intake valve? not opening fully until engine is warm, other option is a worn/dirty throttle position sensor.

Forget the automatic choke, injection engines dont have them as far as i remember, but the engine temperature is linked to the ECU as i recall, dont go heavy footed on a cold engine, let it warm up, and see if the problem persists then.

I don't get the problem with a warm engine. I thought this might be a mechanical problem but if its the ECU actively preventing a cold engine from being pushed too hard then sounds like I just need to accept it and let it warm up properly. Thanks!

Make a note of your radio code, disconnect the battery for half an hour, reconnect battery, let car idle for at least 10-15 minutes, you can reset radio while this goes on, then take car out for a 20+ mile drive to reset your ECU to your style of driving.

Latest posts

Back