Upgrading Brakes to Mondeo's

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle.Le

We have 195/50/R15's on the Puma

If we wanted to upgrade to the brakes to Mondeo's can we do it with our 15's?

Are these any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370401390181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MONDEO-COUGAR-BRAKE-PAD-FRONT-NEW-BOX-/250655416018?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5c3a1ed2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Won't be getting them for a few weeks due to lack of funds!

they wont fit, the carriers will need grinding a fair bit and i believe the wheel may need spacing too, flashbstd wont be far away to confirm this

also those discs are for the rear (im assuming you want the 300 mm front setup)
and your gonna need calipers from a mk3 mondeo and discs from a focus st170

you want these (obviously a pair)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-O-S-F-RIGHT-FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-/390214079773?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ada92551d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plus these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-ST170-MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-300mm-/260134916258?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3c913fd0a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

luke said:
they wont fit, the carriers will need grinding a fair bit and i believe the heel may need spacing too, flashbstd wont be far away to confirm this

also those discs are for the rear (im assuming you want the 300 mm front setup)
and your gonna need calipers from a mk3 mondeo and discs from a focus st170

Ok, thanks for that.

We'll forget that idea for a good while then :roll:

Michelle x

Michelle- if you want bigger brakes and keeping the orgianl wheels- Have a look at the MK2 ST24 brakes- there 275mm so a bit bigger and there aboutt he same money?

And they do fit under the wheels.

Scotty1.7 said:
Michelle- if you want bigger brakes and keeping the orgianl wheels- Have a look at the MK2 ST24 brakes- there 275mm so a bit bigger and there aboutt he same money?

And they do fit under the wheels.

Thanks Scott,

Will keep an eye out on Ebay.

Luckily I get trade prices at local spares shop as I used to work for Caterham Cars

Michelle x

Michelle.Le said:
Luckily I get trade prices at local spares shop as I used to work for Caterham Cars

Michelle x

Droollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll OMG i would love to have be there!!!

Try the local breakers yardf now-a-days Michelle, many are heading for the scrap yard in the sky.

they should in theroy fit in very well.

Scotty1.7 said:
Michelle.Le said:

Michelle x

Droollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll OMG i would love to have be there!!!

Try the local breakers yardf now-a-days Michelle, many are heading for the scrap yard in the sky.

they should in theroy fit in very well.

It was ok, but was made redundant after 14 months.

Loved it at first (I was admin for the faulty parts that were being put on cars and from the existing customers) I worked in the actrul factory where they were on the line, it was lovely to pick the parts then see the finished product.

Oh! was also part time quality control.

I'm not a girly girl, didn't mind getting my hands dirty lol

Michelle x

ScubaSteve said:
Fiesta ST 150 brakes would be perfect for the job, straight fit

What size are the fiesta ST 150 brakes??
as lso looking at mondeo callipers first, actually bought some, but now rethinking keeping the 15's for handling so would interested in the ideas on here... :)

Fiesta brake discs are 280mm in diameter, so 20mm less than Mk3 Mondeo ones.

I was told the other day that the 300mm's will fit behind the 15's with a little bit of grinding on the calipers..

So i'm guessing so, but, don't take my word for it, i'm just going on what i've been told, not experience :D

Yea thats why i was asking really, as i know the mondy callipers only just dont fit behind the standard alloys, so i was thinking with the 285 mm disks and the 4 pots might fit, but i just dont know how big the 4pots are in depth :?

Latest posts

Back