Cheap brake upgrade?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj2013

I'm not interested as I want to keep 15's, but this would surely be a very cheapy cheap way of upgrading to bigger brakes? Or am I missing something...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-2004-JAGUAR-X-TYPE-3-0-2-5-V6-O-S-FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-AND-CARRIER-/251390677992?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AX-Type&hash=item3a880d53e8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-2004-JAGUAR-X-TYPE-3-0-2-5-V6-N-S-FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-AND-CARRIER-/261341556441?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd92baed9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm pretty sure they're the same as the Mondeo calipers which won't fit under standard wheels without grinding the calipers

I know, most go for 16's. Not really wise to grind the calipers, hence why they're not something I'm interested in as I wouldn't want to increase the wheel size

Cost me 40quid for st170 discs and 35 quid for 2 mondy mk3 calipers/carriers and the pads were like brand new.

Had to trim the caliper a bit for the 15inch wheels to fit. Calipers are over engineered anyway.

has anyone got a pic of the trimming needed and the clearance behind the wheel?

So does this work? I have 17inch rims and wanna upgrade my brakes

Chukz, if your asking about the Mondeo calipers and 300mm ST170 discs, yes it works, and works well. Check the how to section as I'm sure there's a guide or possibly two in there.

Simple upgrade anyway and no problems with 16 or 17 inch rims. ;)

Do frp alcons bolt strait on? As there has been a few sets on eBay in the past month.

Hi all.

The cheapest brake upgrade on the Puma is probably the 278mm discs and calipers off a Mk1/Mk2 V6 2.5ltr Mondeo (ST200 parts are no different from any other V6)
Ive seen full sets on fleabay for about £65

I believe it bolts straight on and 15" wheels go straight on without grinding etc...

Latest posts

Back